Accessibility Evaluation Resources
"Evaluating Websites for Accessibility" is a multi-page resource suite that outlines different approaches for evaluating websites for accessibility. While it does not provide checkpoint-by-checkpoint testing techniques, it does provide general procedures and tips for evaluation in different situations, from evaluation during website development to ongoing monitoring of existing sites. The approaches in these pages are intended to supplement other content management and quality assurance procedures. The "Evaluating Websites for Accessibility" resource suite includes the following documents:
- Easy Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility (updated 2013)
- Provides simple steps to help assess if a web page addresses accessibility.
- WCAG-EM Overview: Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (updated 2013)
- Introduces WCAG-EM , an approach for determining how well a website conforms to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Involving Users in Web Accessibility Evaluation (updated 2010)
- Provides guidance on including people with disabilities ("users") in accessibility evaluation throughout Web development.
- Evaluation Approaches for Specific Contexts (updated 2005)
- Describes evaluation during the development process, ongoing monitoring, evaluation of legacy sites, and evaluation of dynamically generated Web pages.
- Selecting Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools (updated 2005)
- Provides guidance on choosing which Web accessibility evaluation tools to use to help evaluate Web accessibility.
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List Search (updated 2006)
- Provides a comprehensive list of Web accessibility evaluation tools that is searchable and sortable.
- Using Combined Expertise to Evaluate Web Accessibility (updated 2002)
- Describes the composition, training, and operation of teams of reviewers evaluating accessibility of websites.
- Template for Accessibility Evaluation Reports (updated 2002)
- Presents a format for communicating results of a Web accessibility evaluation.