CLTCC Library's Credo InfoLit Core broadens the reach of library instruction with standards-aligned multimedia content that can be used in courses, one-shot sessions, and at the point of need. Information Literacy Core aka InfoLit Core uses innovative technology to build essential information literacy and critical-thinking skills that will help students in their academic careers and beyond. Analytics tools allow for the measurement of student outcomes and demonstrate the value of foundational skills instruction.
- Teach students essential foundational skills that are shown to impact retention, GPA levels, graduation rates, and overall student success.
- Engage users with high-quality videos and tutorials on topics of importance to their current studies and lifelong goals.
- Simplify collaboration with faculty by providing in-demand instructional content that is easy to embed in Canvas and LibGuides.
- Save time and resource compared to creating materials from scratch.
- Assess student progress and adjust instruction strategy based on real evidence.
- Maintain accreditation requirements around information literacy and critical thinking standards.
- Multimedia content - 80+ customizable e-learning objects support librarians' teaching of information literacy and critical-thinking skills.
- Flexibility - InfoLit Core allows users to mix and match tutorials, videos, and quizzes to address the needs of different course and specific students.
- Information Literacy Standards - InfoLit - Core materials align with multiple standards, including the ACRL standards, SCONUL 7 pillars, ANXIIL standards, and the AAC&U Information Literacy VALUE Rubric.
- Credo Insights - With InfoLit - Core, users can measure student progress with robust analytics for assessment and usage reporting.
- Faculty Engagement Module - Faculty-focused content is included in InfoLit - Core, alongside ready-made teaching guides with activity ideas, discussion topics, and standards mapping.
- Integration options - The InfoLit - Core Courseware platform offers a wide range of integration options, including LibGuides and learning management systems (Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Moodle, etc.). Each item may be added as a digital object, and assessments may be integrated into instructors' gradebooks.
- FERPA compliance - To ensure students' privacy, the Courseware platform is fully FERPA-compliant.
- ADA compliance - InfoLit - Core is fully ADA-compliant, enabling accessibility for all learners.
To access the library's resources, you will need your LoLA username and password.
Librarians are happy to assist with any questions you may have. If you need help, please contact a librarian.