Arts and Humanities:
- Museum Visual Resource collections:
Image and Multimedia Galleries:
- Wikimedia Commons is a collection of freely usable media files to which anyone can contribute.
- Google Images: but not all images can be reused freely! But there are ways to narrow down to openly-licensed images through a Google search:
- Use keywords to search for related images
- Click on the "Tools" button on the right-hand side, above the image results
- Then, click on the drop-down menu for "Usage rights," as seen in the screenshot below
- There you will see an option to narrow down to Creative Commons licensed images.
- Flickr hosts millions of Creative Commons-licensed images. Notably, Flickr provides a separate Creative Commons-licensed videos collection.
- Search tip: After searching with a keyword, click the "Any license" filter to narrow down to images with different kinds of open licenses.
- The following image/media OER image sites/repositories are licensed under the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) public domain license:
Nursing and Allied Health:
Sciences and Applied Sciences: